Job Description -
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
- Fundamental understanding of airframe structural design and the ability to apply such understanding to solve engineering problems.
- Experience and ability with computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experience in post-production environment or as a production MRB engineer.
- Ability to design an airframe structural repair drawing and calculate the basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing.
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience in the repair of metal bonded structure.
- A working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and the understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within an in-service environment.
- Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data.
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies.
- Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline