Job Description -
Dept. 645 Production Stress Engineer
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
- Must have a minimum of 10 years is stress analysis on primary aircraft structure.
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in fatigue analysis on primary aircraft structures.
- Experience developing and substantiating aircraft structural repairs is a plus.
- CATIA V5 experience is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.