Job Description -
Dept. 652 Stress Engineer – Special Missions
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
- Static and fatigue analysis of primary and secondary airframe structure of metallic construction experience.
- Strong background in classical stress analysis.
- Experience with Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release.
- Experience with reviewing 2D drawings.
- Skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Experience with aircraft modifications and repairs (STC, MRB, or Service) preferred.
- Static analysis of composite structure, preferably with experience using GAC analysis methods
- Composite allowable testing and certification requirements.
- Experience with Patran/Nastran is a plus.
- Strong preference for engineers that enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .