Service Stress Liaison Engineer, Level 5 -
December 19, 2022-
Palm Beach FL-
Job Description -
Dept. 468 Service Engineering Stress-Liaison
- Responsibilities include performing both liaison duties and stress analysis in support of “Green aircraft” repair, rework and alteration
- Must have working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and a willingness to support other certification related activities for both FAA and foreign airworthiness authorities.
- Must have a basic knowledge of 14CFR 145 repair station activities and aircraft repair as performed per 14CFR43
- Must have experience with review of engineering drawings, researching and preparing calculations and writing stress reports
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, must be a self starter and comfortable working multiple priority jobs while balancing customer expectations.
- Must be able to change roles between structural design work, stress work and troubleshooting while working to manage and maintain schedule on all related tasks
- Candidates must have prior experience using 3D modeling systems (typically CATIA) to adequately review Engineering designs.
- Must be able to perform analysis utilizing Classical hand analysis and elementary Finite Element Modeling using FEMAP / PATRAN with Nastran.
- Must have familiarity with, and prior usage and application of, Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Analysis techniques (AFGROW).
- Must have skill in the development and analysis of composite repairs
- Remote work may be authorized up to 50% of the time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area