Quality Assurance Certification Specialist II -
November 22, 2021-
Job Description -
In a team oriented environment, performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to support aircraft certification activities performed by FAA Principle Inspectors or company ODA IARs. Ensures the article and all associated data supports and presented for certification meets requirements in accordance with the approved Quality Assurance System and the ODA (ODA-511131-CE) Operations Manual.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, aviation sciences, quality systems or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2 years related technical experience of continually increasing responsibility.
- Working knowledge of FAA Part 21 regulations and aircraft certification processes in a Type Certificate program.
- Detail oriented with ability to interigate and compare data for accuracy within systems; data tables, reports, technical documents and other records required to support conformity processes.
- Flexibility to work varied hours or weekends as necessary to support aircraft testing schedule.
- Prepare data reports, resolve data issues by interfacing with multiple organizations.
- Experience and high degree of comfort working with large data sets required.
- Experience with SAP; Solumina; SmarTeam and MS Excel preferred.
- Deomonstrated experience with data validations, data integrity and regulatory reporting desired.
- Coordinates article & aircraft certification activities to program schedule and milestones.
- Manipulates and maintains large data sets related to configuration, article traceability and conformity of aircraft to determine status and compare to schedule and objectives.
- Prepares and/or reviews data packages prior to submission in accordance with ODA/FAA requirements.
- Performs data evaluation, interrogation and correlation of data between electronic systems.
- Identifies abnormal data trends or changes, works with internal and external organizations to facilitate resolution.
- Interprets engineering configuration data relative to manufacturing planning and deviations.
- Monitors completion of certification tasks to ensure completion to program requirements and schedules.
- Participates in team process improvement team projects both internal and external to quality.
- Actively engaged and completes process improvement projects related to achieving improved quality or efficiency within their area of responsibility.
- Actively supports corporate initiative in resource sustainability and business continuity.
- Promotes, encourages and supports continuous improvement culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license is not required. but may be used in combination with four (4) years of related quality experience (in addition to the experience requirements below) to offset the Bachelors degree.
- ASQ certification (CQE) and/or experience as a FAA recognized airworthiness designee highly preferred.
- Current/prior authorizations as an FAA IAR/DMIR/ODAR or DAR is preferred.
- A&P license preferred.
- Understands and is able to apply and communicate to others: blueprints/specifications, Federal Aviation Regulations, Quality Control System Requirements.
- Computer literate-capable of working within the various software applications utilized throughout the corporation.