Job Description -
Principal Avionics Engineer
We need an amazing teammate to support architecting and development of avionics systems. These systems will be used for manned and unmanned air vehicles. This is a dynamic and fun organization involved in deploying forward-leaning avionics, guidance & control and vehicle management systems for both unmanned and human rated systems.
- Perform hardware component trade studies.
- Define hardware components and interfaces for flight critical systems.
- Develop electronics design (Schematics, PCB design)
- Implementation of Input / Output interfaces (i2c, serial, UDP/TCP, etc.).
- Power, analog, and mixed signal design.
- Perform software development in C++.
- Work in a Linux environment.
- Deployment of software on real-time embedded hardware.
- Develop and perform component, subsystem, and system level testing procedures to verify functionality.
- Support integration and flight testing activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university and at least 5 years of related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree and 3 years of experience, or 0 years of related engineering experience with a PhD.
- Experience with electronics design.
- Experience with C++ and Python for software development and scripting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office with strong technical writing skills and the ability to communicate and present technical material to various stakeholders
- Have the ability to gain a security clearance.
- Have the ability to wear a lot of hats. We’re a small team! That means even the CEO takes out the trash.
- Ability to thrive as a 'one person team'-meaning you can self direct, self manage and self engage within your roles and responsibilities while maintaining our team player mentality.
- Effective communicator and a brand ambassador. We like our swag. You will too.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, rapidly-changing environment
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited university, and 7 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience with arm-based processors and FPGAs.
- Proficient in C++ and Python, and development in Linux environment.
- Experience with DO-160 and MIL-STD-461 testing.
- Experience with Autonomous Flight Safety Systems (AFSS).
- Experience with reliability assessments.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret clearance.