Mechanical Systems Certification Engineer 4
Mechanical Systems Certification Engineer 4 -
March 1, 2023-
Job Description -
Apply NowMechanical Systems Certification Engineer 4
- Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services.
- This Mechanical System position provides primary certification support for the new development & sustained business jet completions (outfitting) programs.
- In this role you will coordinate and perform review and approval of all mechanical systems design/installations, develop compliance data, testing documents, analysis, and reports in support of required FAA (ODA AR) approval or witnessing.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, CATIA V5, SmarTeam, DO-160 requirements, and MS Office Applications.
- Candidate hired must be abreast of project certification schedules and the data review (and approval) timing required to support it.
- Support development meetings and provide certification input with Integrated Product Teams.
- Review of multiple STC parts and the approval of vendor data to support revisions and amendments of STC’s already in place.
- Data reviews will have First Time Quality, Reliability, and Maintainability.
- Work with outfitting organizations such as design teams, electrical, structures, operations, quality and certification teams as required to meet objectives.
- Provide input for Corrective Action Board, Change Control Board issues, COS, and CAO/ODA.
- Work independently to eliminate blocks, issues or items that will hinder product progress, both internal and external.
- Assists the planning, coordination, and performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services to meet internal and external customer and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work cohesively in a team environment and provide guidance to team members as required. Interface primarily with the Mechanical Engineering Design Team, Project Management, and Sr. Management.
- Candidate must be in good standing with the FAA / ACO. Personnel will be expected to become a member of the company ODA.
- FAA Delegated Functions and Authorizations preferred as follows: Detail Design and Installation, Equipment Qualification Tests, Test Plans/Reports.
- Make decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, and in developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Responsible for an important segment of the engineering program with extensive and diversified engineering requirements.
- Be responsible for Mechanical Systems Engineering certification deliverables and schedule within established scope.
- Adhere to company safety rules and procedures.
- Apply company regulations and policies to daily business activities.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Related Jobs -
Materials and Process Engineer -
Apply Now Senior Materials & Process Engineer General Summary Senior...
Flight Controls Engineer -
Apply Now Flight Controls Engineer General Summary: Design Engineer responsible...
Landing Gear Engineer -
Apply Now Landing Gear Engineer General Summary Design and Systems...