Mechanical-Interior Design Engineering Checker 3 -
December 5, 2022-
Job Description -
Interior Design Checker
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
- Position involves checking Engineering documents involving aircraft interior design integration, mechanical systems, Interiors and associated components.
- Experience with the checking of complete interior cabin design, cabinetry modification and secondary structural modifications are essential.
Candidate should have:
- Experience in generating Engineering drawings and 3D models to customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Industry standards such as ASME Y14.5, MIL-T-31000 and MIL-STD-100 or equivalent.
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD, CATIA V5, SmarTeam or other 3D PLM data systems. Will be required to generate Engineering documents as time permits.
- Excellent communication skills, the position requires direct interaction with designers and operations personnel.
- Detailed oriented, will be responsible for checking all Engineering documents for quality, maintainability, producibility, consistency and DFMA.
- Extensive experience with cabin interiors components such as, galleys, closets, headliners, tables, window shades, etc. As well as LRU installation and some secondary structure modifications.
- Minimum of 5 years as an Engineering checker.
- Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach. The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology AutoCAD Knowledge.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline