Mechanical Design Quality Engineer III -
January 13, 2022-
Job Description -
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Company products and services.
- Mechanical Design experience needed.
- Requires Experience in validating 3D models, assemblies, installations and drawings produced by design engineers.
- Knowledgeable with cabinetry designs for ease of manufacturing & installing.
- Experience with aircraft engineering documents & process change(s).
- Experienced in documenting issues to help clarify engineering check comments to designer engineers.
- Competency with 3D Space analysis (Contact/Clash/Clearance), Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with 14 CFR Part 135 requirements.
- Validation should be per engineering core principles, design standards, internal processes and best practices.
- Experienced in validating designs for form/fit/function to meet customer and design criteria, and should be knowledgeable with aircraft interior floor plan configurations with custom options and baseline cabinetry.
- EWIS experience is strongly preferred
- Should be experienced & an active participant in improving and developing processes for checking or design consistencies, and skilled to train others.
- Should be comprehensive and proficient in researching technical data e.g. hardware, machined parts, weldments, materials, finishes, consumables and standard part usage, & appropriate design application.
- Should have Designer experience with conceptual design development, cabinetry theory, creating 3D models and drawings / drafting.
- Should be experienced and efficient in utilizing CATIA V5 (proficient with SMD, GSD, EHI workbenches) , SmarTeam, AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline