Job Description -
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- Preferred Materials and Processes Engineering experience in generating and communicating technical requirements to external suppliers and internal multi-engineering disciplines (Powerplant, Environmental Control, Structures, Electrical, and Mechanical).
- Smarteam and Catia experience of reviewing proposed designs and workflows.
- Produced EAR approved test plans and results reports.
- Must have demonstrated successful manufacturing liason material review board (MRB) integration and implemented continuous improvement projects.
- Performed statistical analysis of A,B &S basis material allowables.
- Prior experience as an FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or ODA Unit Member (UM) with delegation authority or experience making compliance findings to 14 CFR Part 25.603, 25.605, 25.613, 25.853, 25.855, 25.856 is a major plus.
- Onsite work full time. Candidate must be legally qualified to work on an ITAR project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline