Job Description -
Dept. 679 Landing Gear Systems Engineer
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
- Engineering team responsible for Landing Gear across all Gulfstream programs including New Product Development and the current Large Cabin fleet. Candidates will have opportunities in Landing Gear design for all programs.
- An engineer on this team will support a wide variety of projects developing and certifying designs with access to Production, Flight Test, and Lab environments.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in these areas. All candidates should be driven to learn, contribute, and grow in these areas.
- Equipment installations
- Secondary structure including bracketry and minor support structure
- Landing Gear or Major Hydraulics Component design, qualification and certification
- Landing Gear Hydraulics and Electrical Harness System routing and design considerations
- Electrical bonding
- Hardware/Software Systems Integration
- Supplier joint design and qualification
- Catia V5 and SmarTeam
- Gulfstream processes
- New aircraft certification
- RTCA DO-160 / DO-178 /DO-254
- TSO-C26d / TSO-C62e / TSO-C135a
- Real world (hands on) aircraft familiarity
- Engineering experience at an aircraft OEM
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.