Job Description -
Dept. 337 Lab Test Electrical Design Engineer
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Lab Test electrical engineering team applies electrical design practices to develop world class lab facilities for testing aircraft systems on-ground.
- Lab Test electrical engineering is responsible for creating electrical designs for electrical simulations of aircraft components and Real Time Simulation interfaces.
- Our engineers are responsible for transforming testing requests and directives into representative lab fixtures to allow for development, certification, and troubleshooting of integrated aircraft systems.
- Laboratories include, but not limited to, testing of aircraft flight controls, landing gears, electronic control systems, environmental control system, sensors, lights, and interiors.
- Capable of developing electrical requirements from high level/system requirements.
- Work well in team a setting while also being a self-driven problem solver.
- Performing component research and selection.
- Designing and laying out a circuit using modern EDA tools. PSpice experience is preferred.
- Should be familiar with:
- DC power supply circuits for microcontrollers
- Differential pair routing
- SPI and I2C
- Power control using FETs and other similar technologies
- Building and testing prototype circuits using in house PCB fabrication tools. As well as sending the design out to board houses for fabrication.
- Should be familiar with common test/measurement tools:
- Power Supplies
- Experience programming microcontrollers, FPGAs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng. experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.