Job Description -
Interior Design Engineer 3
Contract Engineering Technical Specialist to assist with the planning, coordination, performance of design, and customer requirements for aircraft interior engineering. Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Specific Role Functions:
- Responsible for translating customer requirements into engineering requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing existing engineering databases for potential engineering reuse opportunities.
- Responsible for providing engineering direction to aircraft engineering designers.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- Electrical Engineering experience with CHS/EHI design engineering preferred
- Electrical System Architecture experience preferred.