Flight Test Manufacturing Engineer II (Second Shift) -
October 14, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 710 Interior Design Checker, Level 3 (Second Shift)
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Position involves checking Engineering documents involving aircraft interior design integration, mechanical systems, Interiors and associated components. Experience with the checking of complete interior cabin design, cabinetry modification and secondary structural modifications are essential.
Candidate should have:
- Experience in generating/checking Engineering drawings and 3D models to customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Industry standards such as ASME Y14.5, MIL-T-31000 and MIL-STD-100 or equivalent.
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD, CATIA V5, SmarTeam or other 3D PLM data systems. Will be required to generate Engineering documents as time permits.
- Excellent communication skills, the position requires direct interaction with designers and operations personnel.
- Detailed oriented, will be responsible for checking all Engineering documents for quality, maintainability, producibility, consistency and DFMA.
- Extensive experience with cabin interiors components such as, galleys, closets, headliners, tables, window shades, etc. As well as LRU installation and some secondary structure modifications.
- Minimum of 5 years as an Engineering checker.
- Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach. The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology
- AutoCAD Knowledge.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline