Job Description -
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Company products and services.
- High-Intensity Radiated Field (HIRF) and Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) qualification experience required.
- Fly-By-Wire Flight Control System experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline