Job Description -
Electrical Systems DER
Applies specialized engineering knowledge to broad and complex engineering problems; Works on engineering projects containing significant and uniquely challenging problems requiring highly innovative solutions.
- Position requires extensive experience working within aircraft electrical systems certification.
- Experience within an Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) as an Engineering Authorized Representative or capability of consideration as an Engineering Authorized Representative (EAR) candidacy based on demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience.
- EWIS authority preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of appropriate education/experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- 15+ years specific technical discipline with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an engineering project; successful completion requires the use of innovative technical advances, methods and processes .
- Applies solutions that are highly innovative and sets new precedence for engineering function and industry.
- Introduces and champions new technologies for company aircraft and company processes.
- Actively promotes R&D initiatives that will meet or further company objectives.
- Acts independently to conduct technical research, develop new methods and/or procedures to complete complex assignments.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on the incumbent scientific interpretations and advice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assignment requires approval of Engineering Promo Review Board including business justification.