Electrical Design Quality Engineer -
September 13, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 490 Electrical Design Quality Engineer III
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
Candidate will be performing quality checks on electrical designs in support of Gulfstream Completions. At a minimum, the preferred candidate will:
- Analyze electrical designs created in AutoCAD and Capital Harness
- Clearly document quality findings to design team and collaborate on issue resolution
- Analyze electrical harness routing created using CATIA V5 EHI
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- General CATIA V5 experience is required - Electrical Engineering degree strongly preferred
- EWIS experience strongly preferred
- Aircraft interiors electrical engineering design and/or quality experience is preferred
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 25, 91, and 135 certification relative to Cabin interiors is preferred
- Experience with systems development, layout, logic, and wiring diagram creation is preferred
- Experience with power distribution, lighting, switching, wire sizing and routing is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.