Electrical & Avionics Systems Engineer -
July 15, 2022-
Vero Beach FL-
Job Description -
Lead Engineer, Electrical & Avionics Systems
- Support the Electrical & Avionics Lead Engineer and the overall product development Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the electrical, avionics, and software engineering discipline.
- This position will entail successful integration of electrical and avionics systems into current and proposed new aircraft designs.
- The person filling this position will be required to produce electrical drawings such as wiring diagrams, harness assemblies, schematics, and installation drawings either manually or using AutoCAD.
- In addition, the person will prepare documentation in support of FAA certification activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and revise system specifications, system schematics, wiring diagrams, and component installation drawings
- Review equipment manufacturer installation manuals for the integration of components into the aircraft design
- Research component specifications for installation into aircraft with the appropriateness of design and installation and with respect to environmental considerations
- Work with internal and external customers to provide investigation, analysis, and troubleshooting, and resolution of issues
- Create and Revise System Description and Requirements Documents)
- Create and Revise Part 23 Certification Documentation (FHA, PSSA, SSA, AV/EL Substantiation reports, Test Plans and Reports, PSCPs, etc…)
- Generate high-quality test plans, reports, and substantiation documents
- Participate in general IPT project meetings as required during the development of a specific project
- Support the IPT, as required, in the preparation of material for presentation at design and program reviews
- Perform other related duties as required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed in the following section are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows file operations and Microsoft Office and be adept at data entry into existing spreadsheets and/or creating new spreadsheets
- Familiarity with 3D and 2D CAD and Schematic Design, Mentor Graphics Capital Harness and Siemens NX preferred, Fault Tree Software (Windchill Preferred)
- An understanding and working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 23 and associated guidance material as it pertains to this technical discipline is preferred
- Ability to be able to move in and out of the office/plant without restrictions during on-airplane troubleshooting activities
- Familiarity with Garmin G3000 avionic system software and/or aircraft integration is beneficial