Job Description -
Dept. 683 Electrical Applications Engineer
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
- Candidate must have In depth knowledge of electrical harness installation and design guidance documentation (AC 43.13B, SAE AS50881, AC1701-1)
- In-depth knowledge of FAR 25 sub part H (EWIS) design requirements
- Knowledge of EWIS component qualification requirements and documentation (EIA 364, MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-50151)
- Extensive knowledge of EWIS component selection criteria
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Capital Harness System (CHS) preferred
- Can demonstrate practical experience in the certification of EWIS systems and components.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area