Completions Structural/Mechanical Design Engineer, Level 5 -
November 9, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 129 Completions Structural/Mechanical Design Engineer 5
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development.
- This is a Design Engineer position in Structural/Mechanical Engineering for Completions Engineering.
- Responsibilities primarily involve engineering design, modeling, and drafting of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and wire harnesses as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- The design engineer will design installations for these commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5.
- Candidate must have significant experience with AutoCad, Catia V5, and Smarteam.
- The design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods.
- Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 13 years of design experience in business aviation completions.
- Experience with EWIS preferred.
- Design assignments are executed under the direction of a Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Lead or Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope.
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge.
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements.
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.