Completions Structural/Mechanical Design Engineer 5 (10 needed) -
April 11, 2022-
Job Description -
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- This is a Design Engineer position in Structural/Mechanical Engineering for Completions Engineering. Responsibilities primarily involve engineering design, modeling, and drafting of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and wire harnesses as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations. The design engineer will design installations for these commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5. Candidate must have significant experience with AutoCad, Catia V5, and Smarteam. The design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of design experience in business aviation completions. Experience with EWIS preferred.
- Design assignments are executed under the direction of a Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Lead or Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope .
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities .
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge .
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas .
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements .
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives .
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities .
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program .
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline