Completions Structural/Mechanical Design Engineer 3 (5 needed) -
April 18, 2022-
Job Description -
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- This is a Design Engineer position in Structural/Mechanical Engineering for Completions Engineering. Responsibilities primarily involve engineering design, modeling, and drafting of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and wire harnesses as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations. The design engineer will design installations for these commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5. Candidate must have significant experience with 3D modeling software. Experience with Catia v5, AutoCad, and Smarteam PLM is a plus. The design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues. Experience in business aviation completions preferred.
- Design assignments are executed under the direction of a Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Lead or Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.