Completions Mechanical Design, Level 4 -
September 13, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 1409 Completions Mechanical Design Eng. 4
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Required Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
- -Custom Cabinetry (galleys, lavatories, vanities, closets, storage compartments)
- -Interior peripheries (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs), dado panels, and side ledges)
- -Miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seating)
- 3Ability to design and build models and prints demonstrating a complete understanding of construction methodologies required for component parts and assemblies to an end item level.
- Must understand and demonstrate knowledge of the product development process from concept to production and through sustaining.
- Ability to design installations for the aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 or AutoCAD interconnected with SmarTeam.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations
- Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product, cost, and schedule requirements
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues .
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field .
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities .
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule .
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results .
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative .
- Additional Functions:
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline