Job Description -
Dept. 1408 Completions Electrical Engineer – DER
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- Experience with executive cabin interior electrical systems design, review, and certification. Specific experience with cabin management systems, cabin entertainment systems, cabin business (i.e. communications, data, networking) systems
- Current or former DER or ODA Unit Member with the with the appropriate delegations preferred.
- EWIS delegation preferred.
- The ability to obtain delegations within Gulfstream ODA in the future is required.
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.