Completions Electrical Design Engineer, Level 3 -
June 17, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 710 Completions Electrical Design Engineer, Level 3
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
- Electrical Design Engineer: Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration of electrical systems, components, and new avionic system installations.
- Experience with complete Interior cabin layouts and configuration is essential.
- Candidate should be familiar with electrical systems such as, Switching Systems, Entertainment Systems, Galley Equipment, Monitors, Power Distribution, and Communication Systems.
- Candidate should have an understanding of wireless systems, to include Iridium, Inmarsat and High-Speed Data Systems.
- Understanding of the new EWIS requirements for electrical harness installation.
- Basic aircraft systems such as Cockpit Charts, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Cockpit Alerting, equipment installation and approval requirements, and FMS knowledge required.
- Generation and review of Electrical Load Analysis for production and modified aircraft as it applies to the aircraft outfitting and system integration.
- Creation of electrical design specifications, test plans, and reports for new equipment required. Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach.
- The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations to management to determine appropriate direction
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with electrical drawing application to Supplemental Type Certificates and certification aspects of the data
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.