Completions Design Engineer, Level 3 -
September 23, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 710 Interior Design Engineer 3
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Mechanical-Interior Design Engineer: Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings, wire routing and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, including all wire routing and harness buildup.
- Other responsibilities will include the installation of Avionics/Electronic components such as Exterior Antennas, Avionics LRUs and Aircraft structure modifications necessary for the installation of components.
- Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards, accepted design methods are executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Lead.
- Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Lead.
- Creation of monuments in Catia V5, must be familiar with FAA design standards.
- Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach.
- The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology
- AutoCAD Knowledge is a plus.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.