Completions Certification Engineer, Level 5 -
January 19, 2023-
Job Description -
Dept. 129 Completions Certification Engineer 5
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
- This Certification Engineer Contract position is for the Completions Certification Engineering team.
- This team supports completion related activities for new designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new Gulfstream aircraft along with supporting other Certification related activities.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
- Candidate should have experience creating certification documents such as ICAs, Ground/Flight Test Plans, Compliance Checklists, Project Specific Certification Plans, etc.
- This position requires experience in program management, effective communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate Company certification programs for alterations and modifications.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Certification Manager to meet the Engineering, Certification and manufacturing schedules.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.