Job Description -
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- This Certification Engineer Contract position is for the Completions Certification Engineering Group. This group supports completion related activities for new designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new company aircraft along with supporting other Certification related activities.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
- Candidate should have experience creating certification documents such as ICAs, Ground/Flight Test Plans, Compliance Checklists, Project Specific Certification Plans, etc.
- This position requires experience in program management, effective communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate Company certification programs for alterations and modifications.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Certification Manager to meet the Engineering, Certification and manufacturing schedules.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope .
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities .
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge .
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas .
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements .
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives .
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities .
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline