Cabin Innovation/R&D Electrical Engineer -
August 24, 2022-
Job Description -
Dept. 484 Cabin Innovation/R&D Electrical Engineer - TSI
This position will be responsible for working with the Industrial Design team to develop and integrate new cabin architecture for Completion aircraft. This will include supporting supplier JDPs to include overseeing and integrate supplier data in Smarteam. Collaboration with Production and Completion engineering will be required to align with established processes and procedures. Ability to build and maintain relationships with other organizations to obtain support needed for model analysis, reviews and approvals.
- Understanding of design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software
- Familiarity with system level Wire Diagram/Schematic design and detailed Harness design for aircraft
- Understanding of Aircraft Cabin Systems (Lighting, Audio/Video Entertainment systems, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Catia V5 or similar 3D design tool
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations for integration of electrical systems in a team environment
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements
- Basic understanding of 14 CFR Part 25 certification requirements that impact electrical design
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.