Job Description -
Works independently to perform a variety of engineering and supportive tasks associated with the Compliance Assurance Organization, Organization Designation Authority, FAA, EASA and other foreign civil aviation authorities. Responsibilities include generating, processing, and supporting the review of engineering documentation required. for certification programs from project start to closure.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience reading and analyzing certification plans, test plans, and test reports.
- Preference given for experience authoring, reviewing, and analyzing flight test plans and reports. This position supports the Test Compliance team's work to develop and manage the TIA checklist in support of certification TIA efforts for TC programs.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have technical experience and knowledge of test configuration and requirements definition processes and procedures as well as experience with engineering documentation.
- The candidate must possess exceptional organizational skills, interpersonal communication skills, and be able to manage multiple project milestones simultaneously while adhering to a stringent and dynamic test schedule.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or 5 years specific certification experience or 10 years broad engineering experience.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and develops complex certification plans describing the project scope, certification deliverables, means of compliance, and test/conformity requirements.
- Independently reviews certification deliverables to compare compliance checklist, compliance showing, and 8100-9 finding.
- Prepares TIA pre-requisites, draft TIA, and open projects/open PR memo. Hosts Pre-Flight Board Meeting with FAA.
- Independently prepares Summary Compliance Reports.
- Creates and maintains of Project File for large or complex programs.
- Creates and submits correspondence with regulatory authorities as assigned.
- Develops TC and STC FCAA validation deliverables including application & classification, SSD & SEI effectivity, meeting agendas, presentation generation & review, presentation coordination for generation with Subject Matter Experts, TC & STC internal coordination and action tracking, FCAA responses, develops validation work plans, coordinates company responses for Issue papers / CRIs / CAIs, and the FAA responses , drafts VTC, VTCDS, and coordinate responses for closure of the validation project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Phases of TC, post-TC and STC certification projects, and the associated FAA Orders and Policy
- ODA Procedures Manual and key differences in process between different types of projects
- Part 25 regulations, how those regulations drive design and system redundancy requirements, and the supporting regulatory guidance material
- Certification testing process and deliverables
- Multiple aircraft systems interfaces and dependencies
- Airworthiness limitations and associated regulations and operating requirements
- Differing certification bases across the production models
- Determining design changes (major/minor) and what systems and regulations may be impacted by those design changes, and Validation procedures, project classification and significant standards differences for EASA, Brazil, Canada and China.