Job Description -
Dept. 672 Performance Engineer
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
- Thorough understanding of fixed wing aerodynamics, propulsion, and performance.
- Solid understanding of airplane flight characteristics, first-principles analyses, and performance methods.
- Experience with transport category airplane certification projects (Part 25) required.
- Experience as FAA Flight Analyst DER/AR desired.
- Fortran and MATLAB experience highly desired.
- UNIX/Linux experience a plus.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use computer based tools to analyze airplane performance in specific phases of flight including takeoff, climb, descent, approach and landing, as well as overall mission analysis.
- Analyze flight test data in support of airplane performance database development.
- Prepare performance data for airplane flight manuals, operations manuals, and avionics software.
- Coordinate with aviation authorities (FAA, EASA, others) regarding compliance with performance regulations.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to younger engineers.
- Respond to inquiries from customers/operators relating to published performance data.
- Support new product development programs and fleet sustaining issues.
- Prepare performance data for new models, and derivatives of current models.
- Maintain current legacy computer analysis programs, and support development of modified and new software tools and methods.