Completions Mechanical Design Engineer 4 -
January 31, 2024-
Job Description -
Completions Mechanical Design Eng. 4
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- The Completions Contractor 4 will create engineering data to support the design, build and installation of aircraft interiors.
- Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs.
- Must be willing to constantly review existing processes and methods for continuous improvement. Ideal candidates should have mechanical engineering experience and preferably completions engineering experience with cabin interiors and systems. Must be proficient in CATIA V5. Ensure aircraft schedule and budgets are met to support schedule for each aircraft's
- Supplemental Type Certification (STC) for on-time customer delivery. Commodity support to include by not limited to: -Seats -Galley -Lavs -Liners -Ledges -Mechanical Systems -Credenzas
- Knowledge of CHS / EHI toolset and CATIA V5 experience preferred.
- Other preferred skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.