Job Description -
Completions R&D Design Engineer 4
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services.
- Desired skills: self-starter, ability to multitask, good time management, desire to create the best customer experience.
- This position will be responsible for working with the Industrial Design team to develop and integrate new cabin architecture for Completion aircraft. This will include supporting supplier JDPs to include overseeing and integrate supplier data in Smarteam. Collaboration with Production and Completion engineering will be required to align with established processes and procedures. Ability to build and maintain relationships with other organizations to obtain support needed for model analysis, reviews and approvals.
- Experience with structural analysis, writing test plans desired.
- Solidworks experience a plus
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.