Job Description -
Manufacturing Engineer III
Work/Lead independently to prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Experienced in Manufacturing Engineering planning tasks such as creating MBOM's and Work Plan instructions in SAP, including experienced incorporating Engineering initial releases and Engineering revisions utilizing CATIA 3D models. Also, to support shop floor changes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years manufacturing engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Perform technical studies of complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Generate make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future Manufacturing requirements; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Prioritize workloads based on schedules and needs; provide completion dates and work estimates based on available resources, past performance schedules, etc.
- Keep current on state-of-the-art manufacturing developments.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- Develop business case and present to management for process improvement approval.
- Assume the duties of the ME Group Head in his/her absence.
- Assign and review work of subordinate personnel.
- Supervise and train subordinates in work methods and procedures in the efficient and effective use of company resources to resolve work-related or quality problems.
- Lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple orgs.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member/leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Ensure quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations to improve quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles and processes.
- Knowledgeable of Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Complete understanding and experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Concepts: 5S, JIT, SMED, KanBan, VSM, One Piece Flow, etc.
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma or other data-driven decision making experience highly desirable.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt, equivalent certification, or proven experience in a Lean Six-Sigma environment highly desirable.