Job Description -
Quality Engineer II
Working under general supervision, in a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to support the inspection/quality system ensuring all aspects of the delivered/finished article is manufactured in accordance with approved quality system requirements and is certified as compliant to type design requirements or compliant with in service limitations for Repair Station activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 4 years related technical experience in a manufacturing environment or repair and overhaul working with quality management systems with continually increasing responsibility to include 3 years experience specific to the appropriate Quality department work to be performed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the compliance of the quality activities of suppliers or facilities through the application of system, product and process audits to the requirements of the FAA approved data.
- Certify a supplier or assess a facility quality system, personnel, processes and equipment as required. to the applicable quality standards.
- Perform surveillance, source inspections, and first article inspections at supplier facilities, foreign or domestic and/or monitor the inspection system performance throughout all Operations, Materials and Repair Stations.
- Coordinate quality assurance program plans, monitor and modify audit schedules, evaluate acceptance test programs, and quality engineering requirements of suppliers or facilities and review to ensure program effectiveness and integrity.
- Witness and validate acceptance, qualification, interchangeability, configuration and compatibility tests.
- Provide liaison support regarding supplier or facility performance to established requirements.
- Coordinate documentation support for FAA Compliance.
- Conduct product, system or process failure investigations, and provide technical assistance in resolution of quality problems.
- Verify required. corrective action implementation for timeliness and effectiveness.
- Perform trend analysis of audit results to identify quality system deficiencies.
- Work with other departments as needed to meet quality compliance of parts and processes.
- Previous Quality experience relative/complying with Regulatory Standards.
- Understands and is able to apply and communicate to others: blueprints/specifications; Federal Aviation Regulations; Quality Control System Requirements; knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication techniques and processes.
- Computer literate; capable of working within the various software applications utilized throughout the corporation.
- ASQ Certification as Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor preferred.
- A&P license preferred.