Job Description -
Dept. 1410 Completions Electrical Design Engineer 4
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
Preferred design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Proficient in System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Experience in Electrical System integration related to Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems.
- Must be experienced with design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to complete system level ELA (Electrical Load Analysis).
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Knowledge of Catia V5.
- Part 25 Certification experience for cabin interiors preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred.
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations demonstrating leadership authority.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.