Job Description -
Quality Assurance Engineer III
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
A position with Gulfstream's Advanced Cabin Programs team that develops the Cabin Management System and Moving Map products. Become part of a dynamic group of software engineers that are developing the software systems used by the global leader in aviation.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing, and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Bachelor Science in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field required
- ISTQB Foundational Testing Certification or equivalent (2+ years testing experience) required.
- Jira or similar project management software (2+ years experience) required.
- Selenium Framework or equivalent experience writing automated test cases preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills
- Flexible with time in a rapidly changing environment
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Basic electrical background is a plus.