Completions Certification Engineer, Level 6 -
December 7, 2023-
Job Description -
Completions Certification Engineer 6
Applies specialized engineering knowledge to broad and complex engineering problems; Works on engineering projects containing significant and uniquely challenging problems requiring highly innovative solutions.
This Certification Engineer Contract position is for the Completions Certification Engineering team. This team supports completion related activities for new designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new company aircraft along with supporting other Certification related activities.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
- Candidate should have experience creating certification documents such as ICAs, Ground/Flight Test Plans, Compliance Checklists, Project Specific Certification Plans, etc.
- This position requires experience in program management, effective communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate Company certification programs for alterations and modifications.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Completions Engineering Manager to meet the Engineering, Certification and Manufacturing schedules. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of appropriate education/experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- 15+ years specific technical discipline with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an engineering project; successful completion requires the use of innovative technical advances, methods and processes.
- Applies solutions that are highly innovative and sets new precedence for engineering function and industry.
- Introduces and champions new technologies for company aircraft and company processes.
- Actively promotes R&D initiatives that will meet or further company objectives.
- Acts independently to conduct technical research, develop new methods and/or procedures to complete complex assignments.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on the incumbent scientific interpretations and advice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assignment requires approval of Engineering Promo Review Board including business justification.