Completions Electrical Engineer, Level 6 -
December 7, 2023-
Job Description -
Completions Electrical Engineer, Level 6
Applies specialized engineering knowledge to broad and complex engineering problems; Works on engineering projects containing significant and uniquely challenging problems requiring highly innovative solutions.
Required design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Proficient in System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Experience in Electrical System integration related to Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems.
- Must be experienced with design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to complete system level ELA (Electrical Load Analysis).
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Knowledge of Catia V5.
- Part 25 Certification experience for cabin interiors preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods to optimize technical product, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of appropriate education/experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.. 15+ years specific technical discipline with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to job.
- Responsible for an engineering project; successful completion requires the use of innovative technical advances, methods and processes.
- Applies solutions that are highly innovative and sets new precedence for engineering function and industry.
- Introduces and champions new technologies for company aircraft and company processes.
- Actively promotes R&D initiatives that will meet or further company objectives.
- Acts independently to conduct technical research, develop new methods and/or procedures to complete complex assignments.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on the incumbent scientific interpretations and advice.
- Assignment requires approval of Engineering Promo Review Board including business justification.