Job Description -
Cabin R&D EHI Mechanical Engineer, Tech Specialist I
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
Required Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Proficient in System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Experience in Electrical System integration related to Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems.
- Experience with design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Knowledge of Catia V5.
- Part 25 Certification experience for cabin interiors preferred.
- Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.