Job Description -
Electrical Applications Engineer
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
- Candidate must have in depth knowledge of electrical harness design methodology, regulatory requirements & guidance documentation (AC 43.13B, SAE AS50881, AC1701-1, FAR 25 sub part H (EWIS), etc.
- Knowledge of EWIS component qualification requirements and documentation (EIA 364, MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-50151); Understanding of EWIS component selection criteria.
- Extensive experience with Mentor Graphics Capital software is essential.
- Must be capable of resolving technical issues relating to EWIS, produce and maintain wiring diagrams, cable/wire harness assemblies and rack/panel designs from electrical system schematics.
- Must have the ability to assign wires/cables to their correct harness assembly, based on EMI/EMC, system separation & functionality requirements, while meeting all installation and maintainability prerequisites.
- EWIS certification, component qualification and wiring / routing analysis experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area