Completions Mechanical Design Engineer 3 -
October 18, 2023-
Job Description -
Completions Mechanical Engineer 3
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services.
The ideal candidate will possess the below unique skills:
- Experience with designing aircraft interior furnishings (furniture, panels, seats, etc.) and systems (water/waste, oxygen, electrical routing, etc.) using CATIA V5 in accordance with FAA certification requirements (Part 25 and 135) and company design standards.
- Ability to analyze designs for DFMA principles.
- Ability to communicate and document design changes using standard processes.
- Ability to estimate scope of design to ensure accurate planning of assignments.
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree strongly preferred.
- Aircraft design experience preferred.
- Act as technical mentor to junior design engineers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.