Job Description -
Completions Stress Engineer 4
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services.
Candidate will be performing structural analysis of company interior monuments using FEA and classical hand analysis. Responsibilities will include both the analysis and certification documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Use of finite element analysis for aircraft cabin interiors required (Galley, Lav, seating etc). Working knowledge of FEMAP required.
- Working knowledge of MS Suite required, knowledge of VBA Macros, API coding desirable.
- A good understanding of a fast-paced completion-style environment
- Experience working with company delegated structural AR's/DERs in an ODA environment in support of new and unique STC certification of aircraft installations preferred.
- Can work independently, coordinating with larger group in SAV as needed. Demonstrates ownership of analysis and design coordination task.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.