Job Description -
Manufacturing Engineer III
Work/Lead independently to prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Previous company manufacturing experience is a plus. Experience with aircraft manufacturing, Solumina, Catia, SAP, etc preferred.
- 1st Shift (but flexible for a Tuesday – Friday Shift)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years manufacturing engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Perform technical studies of complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Generate make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future Manufacturing requirements; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Prioritize workloads based on schedules and needs; provide completion dates and work estimates based on available resources, past performance schedules, etc.
- Keep current on state-of-the-art manufacturing developments.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- Develop business case and present to management for process improvement approval.
- Assume the duties of the ME Group Head in his/her absence.
- Assign and review work of subordinate personnel.
- Supervise and train subordinates in work methods and procedures in the efficient and effective use of company resources to resolve work-related or quality problems.
- Lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple orgs.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member/leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Ensure quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations to improve quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles and processes.
- Knowledgeable of Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Complete understanding and experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Concepts: 5S, JIT, SMED, KanBan, VSM, One Piece Flow, etc.
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma or other data-driven decision making experience highly desirable.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt, equivalent certification, or proven experience in a Lean Six-Sigma environment highly desirable.