Completions Mechanical Design Liaison Engineer 4 -
September 26, 2023-
Job Description -
Completions Mechanical Design Engineer 4
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services.
- Liaison engineers will troubleshoot problems arising from the build, installation, and certification of aircraft interiors.
- Creation of corrective engineering for new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Liaison engineering responsibilities includes updating/revising engineering data, creation of new engineering, and/or coordinating the corrective engineering to relevant parties.
- Additional duties include developing alternative design approaches, including establishing design verification.
- Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs.
- Experience using CATIA V5 to create/update/modify design engineering drawings/models.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Candidates should have a willingness to work off-shift and weekend hours on occasion when program milestones require.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Experience using SmarTeam a plus
- Experience routing and installing aircraft wiring systems and their integration into aircraft interiors using CATIA V5 EHI workbench is a plus.
- Ideal candidates for the Completions Liaison Engineer will have mechanical engineering experience with aircraft cabin interiors and systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline