Job Description -
Design Engineer - Aircraft Cabinetry
This position requires a strong, motivated and resourceful problem solver who has direct design engineering experiences in the aircraft interior cabinetry design and can make independent decisions on engineering design issues based on project requirements, company standards and engineering practices. The Design Engineer will be responsible for applying industry standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to generate CAD models and engineering drawings using CATIA V5 in a PDM environment, under the supervision of the Project Engineer.
The qualified candidate will offer, as a minimum, the following key technical skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical design engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in the cabinetry design of an aircraft modification and/or VIP Completions industry.
- Ability to generate engineering drawings for the production of interior details and assemblies for integration into transport category aircraft fuselage structures.
- Knowledge in geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices as well as drawing arrangement and set-up for multi-sheet drawings as outlined by ANSI/ASME Y14 or MIL-STD-100G Engineering Drawing Practices.
- Knowledge and experience with glass / epoxy honeycomb composite panel assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience with interfaces with airframe.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working in person in an office environment collaborating with other teammates.
- CATIA V5
- ENOVIA V6 or 3DX
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Word, Excel and Project)
The following airframe structural background and capabilities are not required but considered a plus:
- CATIA V5
- ENOVIA V6
- Fundamental understanding in classical structural analysis techniques and load path.
- Remote Meeting and Collaboration Tools (WebEx, GoToMeeting, Zoom, MS Team, Skype, etc.)
- IVT (Integration Visualization Tool) or DMU (Digital MockUp)