Job Description -
BT Project Manager I
This is a project management role within the company's Business Technology organization. Responsible for planning and executing projects according to Business Technology and business requirements. Scope of work includes project objectives, scheduling / planning, resource loading & estimation, budget, execution coordination, project metrics, and management presentations to ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Agile and SAFe experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 6 years of experience within IT or other relevant business disciplines. Master's Degree may be used to offset one (1) year of experience; PhD may offset two (2) years of experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (SDLC).
- Ensures applications processes are followed consistently and are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, standards, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
- Plan and manage cutover activities during any new project or sustaining deployment.
- Assists in the preparation and review of Statements of Work (SOW) describing project scope, deliverables, assumptions, and estimated costs. Ensures the SOW meets the expectations of the business.
- Assists with the development of work breakdown structures, project plans, and skills required. to develop and implement applications.
- Manages scope change requests and quality reviews.
- Manages small projects under general supervision using standard project management protocols.
- Consults with business unit management and reviews proposals to determine goals, timeline, budget, procedures, staffing requirements and assignment of resources.
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills.
- Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings.
- Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities before preparing recommendations for changes and compilation of necessary reports.
- Demonstrated competence in risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Project Management Tools.
- Specific and in-depth expertise in one or more complex enterprise applications (e.g. ERP, PLM).
- Certified Project Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgM), and / or Scrum Master certification preferred.
- A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.