Electrical Interior Systems Design Engineer III -
September 14, 2023-
Job Description -
Electrical Interior Systems Design Engineer III
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of company products and services
- Electrical Interior Systems Design/Liaison Engineer:
- REQUIRES BSEE
- Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration of electrical systems, components, and new avionic system installations.
- Experience with complete Interior cabin layouts and configuration is essential.
- Candidate should be familiar with electrical systems such as, Switching Systems, Entertainment Systems, Galley Equipment, Monitors, Power Distribution, and Communication Systems.
- Candidate should have an understanding of wireless systems, to include Iridium, Inmarsat and High-Speed Data Systems.
- Understanding of the new EWIS requirements for electrical harness installation.
- Basic aircraft systems such as Cockpit Charts, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Cockpit Alerting, equipment installation and approval requirements, and FMS knowledge required.
- Generation and review of Electrical Load Analysis for production and modified aircraft as it applies to the aircraft outfitting and system integration.
- Creation of electrical design specifications, test plans, and reports for new equipment required.
- Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach.
- The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations to management to determine appropriate direction
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with electrical drawing application to Supplemental Type Certificates and certification aspects of the data
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.