Completions Certification Engineer, Level 6 -
August 1, 2023-
Job Description -
Completions Certification Engineer 6
Applies specialized engineering knowledge to broad and complex engineering problems; Works on engineering projects containing significant and uniquely challenging problems requiring highly innovative solutions.
- This Certification Engineer Contract position is for the Completions Certification Engineering team.
- This team supports completion related activities for new designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new company aircraft along with supporting other Certification related activities.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
- Candidate should have experience creating certification documents such as ICAs, Ground/Flight Test Plans, Compliance Checklists, Project Specific Certification Plans, etc.
- This position requires experience in program management, effective communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate Company certification programs for alterations and modifications.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Certification Manager to meet the Engineering, Certification and manufacturing schedules.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of appropriate education/experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- 15+ years specific technical discipline with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an engineering project; successful completion requires the use of innovative technical advances, methods and processes.
- Applies solutions that are highly innovative and sets new precedence for engineering function and industry.
- Introduces and champions new technologies for aircraft and company processes.
- Actively promotes R&D initiatives that will meet or further company objectives.
- Acts independently to conduct technical research, develop new methods and/or procedures to complete complex assignments.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on the incumbent scientific interpretations and advice.
- Assignment requires approval of Engineering Promo Review Board including business justification.