Engineering Technical Design Instructor -
July 31, 2023-
Job Description -
Dept. 684 Engineering Technical Design Instructor
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
- Experience presenting technical content to an Engineering or similar audience.
- Experience with the software Catia V5 or similar.
- Experience developing and maintaining training curriculums for Catia or other design software suites.
- Experience within an aerospace design environment, either as a designer, curriculum developer, or support function.
- Experience with the delivery of training at remote sites via travel or distance learning including international locations.
- Experience with any or all of the following systems: SmarTeam for Design; Teamcenter or other PDM software.
- Experience with Catia V5 Functional Tolerancing and Annotations (FT&A)
- Experience within an aerospace design environment utilizing the ASME GD&T standard, either as a designer or in a support function.
- Experience developing and maintaining training curriculums for GD&T and/or Catia V5 or other identified subjects per GAC requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.